#221 - Yajisan-Kazusan (Double)

    This was one of three puzzles I entered into Logic Showcase #22 (Small Gifts). The theme was to make puzzles in grids of 36 cells or fewer.

    This puzzle got second place in the contest, and I'm pretty sure this is an original variant as well!

    My other entries:
    Tapa (Transparent)
    Grid Logic

    Shade some dominoes of cells so that no two shaded dominoes are orthogonally adjacent and the remaining unshaded cells form one orthogonally connected area. If a cell with a number in it is unshaded, the number represents how many shaded dominoes can be seen in a straight line in the indicated direction, partially or totally. If a cell with a number in it is shaded, the number is meaningless.

Solve online



Comments

  1. Hi Eric, unless I am misunderstanding the rules of the puzzle, I cannot seem to solve this. May you please email me the solution? reubenhm1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A likely misinterpretation is that clues count the number of shaded cells, when they in fact count the number of distinct dominoes. If this isn't the problem you were having, let me know and I'll email you.

      Delete
    2. What's the difference if no two shaded cells can be orthogonally adjacent?

      Delete
    3. This is a variant - the rules say that you're shading dominoes of cells, i.e. pairs of orthogonally adjacent cells.

      Delete
    4. Oh I see! Yeah you were right the first time as I had indeed misinterpreted the rules of the puzzle and did not realise it's a variant. Thanks for clearing this up

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#41 - Tentaisho / Star Battle Hybrid

#300 - My Original Genres

#437 - Square Jam

#490 - Aqre

#160 - Matryoshka Fillomino